If you missed the previous Baltimore Avenue dollar ride in June, there is one more opportunity this year to take advantage of this great neighborhood event. The second and final walk of this summer will take place Thursday, September 15 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Visitors are invited to walk along Baltimore Avenue between 40th and 51st Streets for offers of $1, $3 and $5 on food, drinks, merchandise and more from local businesses and neighborhood vendors.
It’s a great opportunity to discover new businesses. For example, on this upcoming walk, new brewery Carbon Copy will come together and share news from their brewery, which is due to open in the old Dock Street location in October 2022.
More information on participating companies and their offers can be found here.
In addition to deals and shopping offers, there will be fun and entertainment all along Baltimore Avenue, with an activity zone in the HMS school parking lot (4400 Baltimore), a block party on 48 near Calvary Church and up and down musical performances. the ave. Here are more details from the event organizer University City District:
Dollar Stroll Block Party – 48th and Baltimore Avenue
• Live music with The Big Push – First set at 5:30 p.m.
• Chalk art activities
• Community Providers: Amira’s Delites, Pound Cake Heaven, New Day Office Bakery Cafe, Calvary UMC and Center, Curio Theater Company, University City Historical Society, Irene, Got U Covered, and Pink Elephant
Cedar Park – 50th and Baltimore
• Community providers What’s on the Grill and Izzily Waisted
• Pottery demonstration with Black Hound Clay Studio
HMS School Activity Area – 44th and Baltimore
• HMS School offers $5 books, t-shirts and student artwork
• Popalong’s $1 Mini Pops and Sandwiches (Lil’ Pop Shop x Weckerly’s)
• Stacey’s makeup
• University City Arts League offering do-it-yourself buttons, badges or pins
• Ephemeral photo booth with entertaining mirrors
The Triangle at the 50th
• Positive Movement Drumline (featuring “Philly Elmo”) will perform at 6 p.m., 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.