Celebrate the pops in your life with special Father’s Day dishes, events and more around Houston ahead of Father’s Day, Sunday, June 19, 2022.
Enjoy a 2022 Father’s Day weekend filled with events, free admission to Houston area attractions, special brunches and dinners, and more.
Houston Activities for Father’s Day 2022
- Bourbon Whiskey Flight Father’s Day Special at the Blossom Hotel Houston | Every day until Father’s Day, Sunday June 19 – All week long, you can bring Pops to the brand new luxury hotel near the Museum Quarter for a flight of three Bourbons – Eagle Rare, Willet Bourbon and Bulleit Rye – plus a charcuterie board to pair. Father’s Day specials are also available for reservation. Flights are $32. Noon to 9 p.m.
- Father’s Day Weekend: The Force is strong with this one at the Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday June 18 & Father’s Day, Sunday June 19– Bring Dad to meet Star Wars characters, while kids can do Father’s Day themed crafts and enjoy demonstrations on the aircraft that inspired the series’ spaceships. $15 to $18; $2 off Saturday admission for anyone wearing Star Wars character costumes; free for dads on Sunday, June 19, Father’s Day. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with most activities in the morning and early afternoon.
Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Father’s Day at George Ranch Historical Park – Treat dad to a day at the Fort Bend Historic Park Ranch, where he’ll learn to load and fire replica flintlocks and percussion shotguns dating back over a century. Classes for dad, but families can watch and enjoy the rest of the day getting a taste of life before modern conveniences. $15 and up. 10:30 a.m.
- Shaky, exciting and boozy cocktail class at the Blossom Hotel Houston – Kicking off the new Cocktail Mixer series, this Father’s Day special will guide you through classic and shaken-up Prohibition cocktails, including Old Pals, Classic Manhattans, the Old Square, and more. $50; includes three cocktails. 2 p.m.
- Father’s Day: Professional Photos with Dad at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Visit the Community Center with Dad at Sugar Land Town Square for a professional photo shoot with local photographer, Sharon Ku. 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Father’s Day, Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Father’s Day Brunch Buffet at Xochi – Experience Oaxacan-inspired cuisine with dad at Downtown restaurant, Xochi, for a buffet brunch and live music by Ikaru. $52 per person and $15 per child. 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Father’s Day at Brennan’s of Houston – Treat the father in your life to Brennan’s multi-course prix-fixe Creole brunch, featuring specialties such as seafood gumbo and snapping turtle soup with crayfish cakes and duck pancakes. Menu prices vary. Reservations recommended. 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Daddy and Me: Father’s Day Painting at Prime Art Gallery – Host a paint party with your pop as Prime Art Gallery hosts a Father’s Day-inspired art workshop at Westchase. $25 per person. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Father’s Day Steak and Eggs at Monkey’s Tail – Treat Dad to Mexican American Steak and Eggs and dive in, Monkey’s Tail, this Father’s Day. Customers can enjoy a 14-ounce ribeye served with Hollandaise, eggs, and chili-spiced potatoes for $20, plus drinks in beer buckets, beer pitchers, and a variety of cocktails. . Plates are $20; drinks available for purchase. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dads eat free at Phat Eatery – Pass by the Malaysian spot of West Houston and visiting dads will earn a free draft beer and admission with the purchase of another admission. One per table, on site only. 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Old-fashioned Japanese and short rib combo at Tobiuo Sushi & Bar – Japanese restaurant Cinco Ranch offers a 72-hour sous vide short rib with peach-carrot puree, pickled red onions and herb trinity accompanied by a Japanese Old-Fashioned made with Japanese whiskey, black sugar and bitters . $30. 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Rad Dad Father’s Day Extravaganza at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No coverage – Celebrate all things dad with smoked meats, craft beer and vintage toy vendor Super Happy Incredible Toys at Eureka Heights Brewing Co in the Heights. Midday.
- Drive Your Dreams Houston Car Show at NRG Arena – This one-day event brings together celebrity cars, exotics, old-school muscle and more automobiles for an all-afternoon Father’s Day car show. The family event will also include rides, carnival games, monster trucks and more. $40 and up. Noon to 5 p.m.
- Father’s Day Luau at The Food Court: Food Truck Park | No coverage – Get your dad a tiki shirt to wear for Father’s Day Luau and enjoy music, drinks, food trucks, shows and more at Barker Cypress Food Truck Park. 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Father’s Day at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens | FREE for dads – Surround yourself with art, nature and live music as Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens, a 14-acre facility that houses a collection of decorative art, paintings and furniture in River Oaks, hosts a holiday celebration some fathers. Free admission for fathers; $12.50 and under for entry to house and gardens. 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Man Cave Market in Railway Heights | No coverage – For the first time, the Washington Ave Market north of I-10 hosts a Man Cave Market, featuring trinkets, gadgets and one-of-a-kind gifts for dad, as well as live music and food. 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tejano Musical Evening at Kemah Boardwalk | FREE – The Sunday Night Concert Series features Tracy Perez on stage at 5 p.m., followed by Jay Perez to close it at the Kemah Boardwalk. Plus, when you purchase an All Day Ride Pass, you can get $5 off Dad. The concert takes place from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.